Horticulture Helpline – Home Garden Questions
- 608-224-3721 (9am to 12 pm, May thru Oct)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or walk-in assistance.
Horticulture Classes for Public
- Green Thumb Gardening Class Series – TBA (contact Lisa Johnson at 608-224-3715 or email@example.com)
- Winter Seminar Series
- Presentations and Outreach
– For a tour of the Garden, contact Lisa Johnson at 608-224-3715 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on a variety of horticulture topics visit the Wisconsin Horticulture website.
- Our Staff:
Lisa Johnson grew up in Madison’s southwest side. Lisa’s mother and grandfather were avid gardeners, and her love of plant life was encouraged by high-school biology teacher Marilyn Hanson. Lisa earned her undergraduate degree in Horticulture at UW-Madison and worked at various local garden centers and nurseries before returning to the UW for a graduate degree in Agricultural Communications. She started her Cooperative Extension career first in Milwaukee County before returning to Dane County. Lisa started the Teaching Garden at Dane County UWEX in 2004 as an outdoor classroom for master gardeners, children and the general public. When not gardening, she enjoys playing folk music on guitar, autoharp and bowed psaltry and sharing quality time with her cats.