Dane County Extension is seeking a youth development professional to build a new career pathways program to educate and provide hands on experiences for high school youth to learn about careers in county government.
Primary duties include:
- Planning and coordinating a Career Pathways for Youth program that empowers and educates high-school-aged youth about the multiple career pathways available within Dane County Government.
- Actively engage with County departments, program partners, stakeholders, mentors, and participants, fostering meaningful relationships.
- Building County department capacity and ensuring youth are involved in issue identification and developing and shaping solutions that affect youth such as civic engagement and career and education pathways.
- Supporting youth educational opportunities focused on social justice issues and an appreciation of diverse cultural perspectives to provide learning and leadership experiences and career exploration.
- Assisting with the Juntos 4-H and other youth development programming.
- Expanding access to the full range of Extension educational programming for all youth, particularly in communities that are underrepresented in positive youth programming such as racial minorities, non-English speakers, and those from low-income households.
- Linking to university resources or directly providing youth development education and training to youth-serving organizations including the 4-H program.
The ideal candidate is adept at building and maintaining trust-based relationships, engaging stakeholders and applying an equity lens towards transforming lives and communities.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- At least two years of experience relevant to the educational programming and service delivery of the position.
- Demonstrated commitment to serve diverse youth and families.
- Experience working cooperatively with other agencies, community-based services, or organizations to address educational needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional work environments.
- Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining high quality work
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology.
- Experience effectively working with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
- Masters degree in a related field
- Bilingual (Proficiency in Spanish/English). Language skills will be evaluated
- At least five years of experience relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated success in developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs for diverse audiences utilizing a variety of educational techniques, methods, and modes.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective partnerships or coalitions with community partners and local governments.
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting, utilizing, and applying evidence-based information and research findings.