The Tax Assistance Site Scheduler will answer calls to schedule appointments for the public at the Richard Dilley Tax Center Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) tax preparation site under the direction of the Financial & Life Span Educator.
Must be available mid-January to mid-April 2024, Monday to Friday between 8 am – 4:30 pm. Some Saturdays are possible. This is an LTE position. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Primary Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- A. Schedules Appointments – 70%
- 1. Answers calls and schedules appointments for the tax site via phone
- 2. Informs callers and responds to questions about the tax site
- 3. Makes calls to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or remind taxpayers about appointments as needed
- 4. Suggests improvements to scheduling systems to maximize tax site function and taxpayer ease
- B. Assists with Overall Tax Site Functions – 30%
- 1. Assists the Tax Assistance Site Coordinator with functions at the tax site as needed
- 2. Assists with participant data collection and summary for end of year reporting
- Must possess a High School/General Education diploma or equivalent.
- Work or volunteer experience with socially, economically and/or ethnically diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to value individual and cultural differences
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, or access to reliable personal transportation, or equivalent, allowing access to and from work sites
- Must be available evenings and weekends as needed for programs
- Excellent customer service phone skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other computer programs
- Ability to organize and work productively with indirect supervision
- Experience working with individuals living with limited economic resources or disabilities, older adults or English language learners.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or Hmong/English)