We are seeking a Regional Dairy Extension Educator to be a leader in applying research findings and providing education and outreach efforts to dairy producers. This is done through assessment of needs and designing, delivering, and evaluating research-based educational programming and services. This position will initially cover Dane, Dodge, Rock and Jefferson counties.
This position is part of the Agriculture Institute’s Dairy and Livestock Program and will cover:
1. Dairy production, including animal health, milk production, animal housing and handling, and manure management
2. The Educator will be expected to work with the Program to select one aspect of dairy production to develop and maintain expertise that is complementary to other staff and shared across the state.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as dairy science, animal science or veterinary medicine
- Experience in understanding, interpreting, utilizing and applying research findings
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology; and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
- Master’s degree in a related field such as diary science, animal science, or veterinary medicine
- Demonstrated experience in understanding experimental design, statistical analysis and interpreting research data.
- Bilingual, especially with proficiency in both English and Spanish;
- Demonstrated experience with building diverse, collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrated educational program development skills including planning and implementing programs; evaluating learning experiences; and communicating program impact and value to stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience using collaborative leadership to accomplish project goals, including the ability to convene and facilitate diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills including budget development
- Demonstrated ability to write grants and establish partnerships that pool or leverage public and private funds in support of the Institutional mission
- Strong interpersonal relationship and problem-solving skills in a team setting
For more information and to apply by Sept 24, 2021 visit: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/510074/regional-dairy-extension-educator