Public Health Madison/Dane County COVID Resources – Public Health Madison/Dane County has the latest announcements and really helpful information and links to the CDC and other resources on this page.
Extension Specific Resources
Dane County Extension is closely monitoring the impact COVID-19 is having on our community and our Extension programming. We are following the guidance from UW-Madison and our Dane County partner and adjusting our procedures for events and staffing as needed. Many of our larger programs and events occurring between now and April 10 will be canceled or postponed and similarly, many volunteer and club activities will likely be postponed or canceled. Please check our website often for the latest on program cancellations or call the office at 608-224-3700.
- Division of Extension COVID-19 Resources
- Food Safety in the Time of COVID-19
- Managing Finances in Tough Times
- Resources for non-profit organizations to respond to the coronavirus crisis
- Navigating Coronavirus for Small Businesses
- Home Alone: Preparing Children for Self-Care
- COVID-19 Strategies for Farmers Markets
- Preparing for Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Farms
- COVID-19 Food Access Resources for Dane County
General COVID-19 guidance:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content and have it available for all participants.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve/elbow.
- Avoid direct contact such as shaking hands, embracing individuals, or putting yourself or others in close contact with one another.
- Between events be sure to use Clorox wipes or something similar to wipe down furniture, doorknobs, tables, chairs, and any other spaces that may retain the COVID-19 virus.
- Provide significant spacing (at least 6 feet) between participants and presenters – if you have lines of individuals consider putting tape on the floor to delineate individual spaces
For more information on Dane County’s COVID response visit: https://countyofdane.com/coronavirus
And for UW-Madison Division of Extension visit: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/news/