Public Health Madison/Dane County COVID Resources – Public Health Madison/Dane County has the latest announcements and really helpful information and links to the CDC and other resources on this page.
Extension Specific Resources
Dane County Extension is closely monitoring the impact COVID-19 is having on our community and our Extension programming. We are following the guidance from UW-Madison and our Dane County partner and adjusting our procedures for events and staffing as needed. Our face to face programs and events occurring between now and May 31, 2020 have been canceled or being offered online. Many of the volunteer and club activities are also now being held on a virtual meeting platform. Please check our website often for the latest on program updates or call the office at 608-224-3700.
- Businesses and Non-profits
- En Español
General COVID-19 guidance:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content and have it available for all participants.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve/elbow.
- Avoid direct contact such as shaking hands, embracing individuals, or putting yourself or others in close contact with one another.
- Between events be sure to use Clorox wipes or something similar to wipe down furniture, door knobs, tables, chairs, and any other spaces that may retain the COVID-19 virus.
- Provide significant spacing (at least 6 feet) between participants and presenters – if you have lines of individuals consider putting tape on the floor to delineate individual spaces
For more information on Dane County’s COVID response visit: https://countyofdane.com/coronavirus
And for UW-Madison Division of Extension visit: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/news/