Join our team! Dane County Extension is currently recruiting for a Crops & Soils Educator.
Extension educators deliver education where people live and work – on farms and in communities. This position is a part of the Division of Extension Agriculture Institute. The Agriculture Institute facilitates and develops research-based educational programs and informational materials around agricultural and horticultural topics for businesses, individuals and families in Wisconsin.
The Crops & Soils Educator’s primary focus will include:
– Crop production and management including integrated pest management; nutrient management; crop economics and marketing
– Land and water quality with a focus on conservation cropping practices such as reduced tillage, subsurface manure injection and the utilization of cover crops
– Farm management including business planning, financial management, records, farm business transfer and succession planning, marketing and risk management
– General agriculture outreach and education in both rural and urban settings including assisting with agricultural leadership development and farm safety for youth and adults
– Fostering relationships and understanding among the County’s agricultural, natural resource, conservation and urban communities
Click here for more information and to apply by September 20, 2019.
UW-Madison is an affirmative action/equal employment employer and we encourage women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.